Have you always wanted to be a part of something much bigger than yourself? Do you have a love for thrift? Are you passionate about climate action?
If the questions above resonate with you, read on.
Since 2018 thriftify has been enabling leading charity retailers to sell their donations online, helping to grow the fashion revolution and generate funding for great causes. We're now working with over 90% of Ireland's charity retailers and are growing rapidly. Our mission is big and the job ahead of us even bigger! As we begin expanding in to the UK and further afield we're looking for somebody to join our team and help us achieve our mission of connecting charity shops with consumers who care.
As thriftify's new Partner Success Manager you will join our core team and will be responsible for helping us to:
- Acquire, onboard and support UK charity retail partners.
- Implement our B2C digital/e-commerce strategies.
- Bring in fashion market / sustainable fashion expertise to help thriftify solidify our market position.
On a daily basis you might be giving demo's of the thriftify platform to new charity partners in the morning, drafting the specification for a new feature in the afternoon and closing the day by analysing a partners sales results and identifying growth opportunities.
You don't need to have coding or software skills, although bear in mind that thriftify is a technology start-up and a working knowledge in the language of 'agile methodologies' and 'lean start-up philosophy' is a core requirement. If this isn't something you possess, we will help you pick it up :) Creating a supporting, objective-orientated and fulfilling workplace is our top priority for all of our staff and you will be given dedicated support from the entire team to get fully up to speed on how we operate.
The most important aspect of the role is in the title 'partner success'. Helping our charity shop sellers to achieve the best results possible is the name of the game. With more charity shops selling more products online we can achieve our twin impact goals of creating a sustainable shopping future and raising funds for good causes. Number one on your list of priorities will be identifying and recruiting new charity shop sellers, therefore confident communication skills and an ability to sell are crucial to having an impact in this role.
Our ideal candidate would also have a combination of the below:
- A creative mindset and ability to problem-solve.
- A clear understanding of the UK Charity retail sector.
- A deep domain knowledge of helping large retail brands get online.
- Business development and account management experience.
- Experience implementing successful e-commerce strategies.
- An avid interest in charity retail, sustainable fashion and for-impact entrepreneurship.
- Implemented successful Media and PR strategies.
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion.
- A capacity for very good data analytics and full proficiency in Excel.
- Very comfortable making cold-calls, giving presentations and communicating.
Operationally, working with thriftify means working from home. Our entire team are based at home and while we have an office in Ballyfermot, Dublin and Titanic Suites, Belfast - the vast majority of your working time will be spent at home. As a team, we are very flexible and supportive. It is important to us that everybody on the team prioritises their wellbeing and health and we will always help you to achieve this.
The biggest benefit of working with thriftify is that you're joining a mission-driven start-up on a growth trajectory, meaning it is very rewarding. Other benefits of working with us include:
Ownership. As the 5th member of our core team you’ll join a flat structured team, giving you full say in our decision-making and a stake in the company.
Flexible Working Hours. As long as you’re available for our main meetings, work whenever you like.
Work From Home and get a package of supports including a laptop & any furniture you need.
Holidays that work for you. Take time off whenever you need it and be sure you can always prioritise your wellbeing.
Sustainable Fashion Bursary. Start your thriftify journey with a shopping spree, on us.
Mission-Driven Work. Being on the thriftify team means being a part of something big.
Equal Opportunities Employer. As a member of Certified Proud, you can rest assured that you're joining a welcoming, safe and incredibly diverse team.
Creative Suite. Access our entire range of digital creative tools to indulge your own personal projects, with the full support and expertise of the team.
Apply before the deadline of 9am on Monday December 7th, by sending an email with a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email must be ‘Partner Success EOI’ and we’ve included some pointers for your cover letter below.
- Be creative and informal. We want to get a sense of who you are.
- Be honest. Tell us if you’re not sure you have some of what we’re looking for, and tell us why we should hire you anyway.
- Go the extra mile. Seen something you think we should do better? Let us know.
- Bring it to life. Feel free to share anything else that demonstrates you’re the right candidate.