The Thrift Off is here!
Calling all planet savers and thrifters! It’s time to save the world in style
The premier search for sustainable stylists is open for applications now! The competition highlights the amazing possibilities of charity shopping, by putting the best up and coming sustainable stylists head to head.
Open to everybody, the Thrift Off is an opportunity to have your styling skills showcased in front of thousands of people with media, PR and other opportunities. Applications take just three minutes and are open now:
Our host for this year’s competition is London-based charity shop queen, Kavita (@shewearsfashion).The multi-talented blogger and social media influencer who uses her skills to celebrate the world of sustainable fashion
How it works:
- Fill out the short application form by clicking the button below.
- Thriftify and Kavita will select 16 participants who will compete for the title. (*Psst* - even if you don’t get selected you still get a 15% discount code).
- The chosen stylist will receive 150 (€/£) depending on where you’re from, including a Charity Shop Gift Card for UK participants.
- With this budget, the participants will style 3 outfits sourced from Thriftify and local charity shops. You can purchase single items and style them with existing pre-loved clothes, or buy full outfits. All items in your outfit must be pre-loved / sustainable.
- Every week four participants will go head to head on Kavita’s stories where the general public will vote for their favourite stylists. To keep it fair, people with a similar amounts of followers will be up against each other.
- At the end of the 4 rounds, the four finalists will go into a grand finale with a combination of public voting and expert judging to decide who this year's top sustainable stylist will be.
- Each weekly winner will receive a cash prize of €/£100 and a trip to a secret charity shop warehouse where you’ll get to nab gems before they hit the shelves and be photographed by a professional photographer.
- The grand winner will have the opportunity to be profiled in various media outlets and Thriftify events.
If you’re as excited as we are, then apply now!
Tap on the “Sign Up” button to enter, it takes just 3 minutes.
The 2021 Thrift-Off, hosted by The Useless Project, was our first year of running the competition and we found some amazing stylists. For 2022, in our search to celebrate the top sustainable stylists, we’ve expanded to the UK.
In addition to the amazing prizes, this is an opportunity for budding stylists to be highlighted in front of thousands of people and to kick-start a career in sustainable styling.
If you’re interested in applying but have questions, feel free to email or DM us.